- Up to 40% of men and up to 25% of middle-aged women (30-60) snore, in menopause the percentages are equal.
- Snoring can reach 60 decibels, like a bus noise three meters away.
- The snoring mostly stems from the area adjacent to the soft palate and not from the nose as is commonly thought.
- Snoring usually increases in the early morning.
- Sleeping pills or alcohol before sleeping, aggravating snoring
- Snoring can cause depression and difficulty of functioning even in the spouses of snorers or snoring
- In a 2005 British survey, snoring leads to a significant reduction in sexual relations, and an increase in frequency of quarrels and divorces.
- Closing the mouth (and not opening it as is commonly thought), in some cases using equipment can improve the level of snoring.
- In 4% of men and 2% of women, snoring is a sign of a dangerous syndrome called sleep apnea syndrome.
- Apnea syndrome is defined as starting from an average of 5 full or partial pauses of 10 seconds each at an hour.
- Each such break ends with a bouncing that we are usually not aware of but our bodies are definitely yes!
Awakenings in an hour, as an hour!
Daily fatigue, snoring, dry mouth and headaches in the morning suggest sleep apnea syndrome.
- According to studies, a situation in which there are 20 respiratory disorders an hour or more is a risk factor for many diseases such as blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, depression, car accidents and other hazards.
- Testing is carried out in sleep laboratories throughout the country and sometimes even in the patient’s home with a mobile device.
- In children, the criteria are more stringent and sleep apnea syndrome is recorded when there is more than one cessation of breathing Only at.
- Children with apnea syndrome may cause lack of concentration and difficulty in learning.
- Children with snoring and sleep apnea syndrome can lead to significant changes in the structure of the face and pharynx.
- Obesity is a number one risk factor and diet helps snoring and sleep apnea.
- Sleeping on the side and not on the back often improves the situation, a tennis ball inside the pocket sewn into the back of the The pygmy shirt will do the job until the habit is acquired (several months).
- Is there treatment? Possible treatments include positive pressure air flow (CPAP), surgery, dental device, and my snoring solutions
- What is the connection between dentists and snoring? A very effective and common treatment for snoring and sleep apnea syndrome is
Removable dental device that advances the lower jaw forward and opens the upper air passages